All You Need To Know About CBD
If you haven’t heard of CBD yet, you probably will soon. The natural herb is taking the health world by storm, with sales of a new supplement expected to grow by 700% in the next two years.
It’s a cannabis compound you can buy in oils, chocolates, bath bombs, face masks, gummies, coffee, lotions, even dog treats. It’s everywhere. And its proponents claim that it can help with a lot of things. CBD exists right at the intersection of three huge consumer trends:
- the 49 billion-dollar herbal supplement industry,
- the growing anxiety economy
- and the almost overnight rise of a legal cannabis marketplace.
There’s still a lot we don’t know about CBD. But people are buying it. For a product, this famous, CBD is barely regulated, and people tend to misunderstand its effects.
What do we know about CBD?
CBD — or cannabidiol — is one of over 110 chemical constituents in cannabis called cannabinoids. THC is a different cannabis chemical that induces the high condition related to consuming marijuana.
But by itself, CBD won’t get you high. You can inhale it as a vapor or apply it to your skin, but a popular intake method is an edible oil — since CBD is naturally soluble in fat.
That easy-to-consume format is behind the explosion of many new products we see today. But it’s also led to a lot of misconceptions. For starters, people say CBD oil can treat everything from inflammation to acne — even cancer. But there’s no proof that consumer CBD products can treat all those ailments.
At the same time, CBD oil has an antioxidant and anaesthetic effect that has been shown to help treat psychosis, anxiety, movement disorders, pain management, epilepsy, and seizures. And the FDA recently approved Epidiolex, an epilepsy drug that is based on CBD.
What Are The Benefits of CBD Oil?
Although the research has been somewhat limited, its proponents say that CBD oil has all the medical marijuana properties without the intoxicating effects. CBD oil is an effective supplement that can help:
- Tackle insomnia. CBD is well-known for its sleep aid properties. If you have insomnia caused by external factors or related conditions, CBD oil will be great for handling this problem.
- Pain management. CBD oil shows a lot of potential for alleviating pain. It can be used to manage chronic pain like chronic back pain or neuropathic pain.
- Anxiety. According to the research, CBD oil has been proven to relieve stress and help with various anxiety disorders such as PD, GAD, OCD, and SAD.
Is It Legal?
Frankly speaking, consumers often have no idea what they’re buying — and CBD products often don’t contain what they say they do. The chosen CBD oil might not even have the cannabidiol that is claimed on the label — but more importantly, it can have THC in it.
Therefore, choosing a trusted CBD retail shop like Buy CBD Hub will ensure that you have the right and high-quality CBD oil for your needs.