Ah, the Beef and Broccoli. There is nothing like that tangy brown sugar sauce over tenderized meat and soaked in white rice. There’s something so comforting about this dish.
I know, I know. Beef and Broccoli is typically made with sliced beef, not ground beef. Look, if you have the time to cut, massage, and marinate a flank steak, then you can absolutely do that. But if you know me, you know I like the quickest meals possible. Here’s the key though – you have to cook the ground beef in sesame oil. It gives it SO much more flavor and totally changes the recipe.
Looking for a way to spice up your meal prep without adding to the prep time? This is it! This recipe is so versatile. It can add some pizzazz to your mid-week lunch, be used for a quick dinner, or you can even add an egg to the leftovers and have it for breakfast (if you are into non-breakfast food for breakfast). Save now, and thank me later.
Looking for other delicious meal ideas but don’t have the time to figure out what to actually make? We’ve done the work for you! Click here to purchase our seasonal meal plan! This comes complete with weekly shopping lists, prep guides, snacks, and swaps that help make PHFF even easier.
Beef and Broccoli
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 yellow onion (small, sliced)
- 8 oz ground beef
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c jasmine rice (dry)
- 1/2 head broccoli (cut into florets)
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Add sesame oil to a large frying pan over medium heat. Sauté onion and broccoli until soft, then add ground beef, garlic, and ginger. Cook until cooked through.
- Add coconut aminos, vinegar, and salt and stir until well coated. Pour over rice and top with beef and broccoli mixture.